Per the Handbook, students must be on your Roster in order to be eligible to compete at the State Senior and Junior Speech Tournaments (this provision does NOT apply to Debate in ANY way). Rosters are due on 11 February 2017. Rosters will be compiled shortly thereafter, and will be posted. You will have 48 hours after posting of the roster to make any necessary changes after emailing me.
To be placed on the roster, a student must either have
- Competed at the 2017 Regional Tournament, OR
- Competed at two other tournaments during the 2016-2017 competition year, OR
- Been granted an Exemption per State Speech Tournament Rule 3 (Handbook p. 67–use the mark-up version per the note on the copyright page).
Please use the following procedure to create and submit your roster:
- Make sure that you are on a computer which will produce a PDF document via the print function.
- Open a browser, log-in to tabroom, and go to your account.
- Click on the “Competitors” tab.
- You will see a list of students currently active in your program. If any of those students are not eligible for the State tournament per the bullets above, click on “Retire” button to the right.
- Once all ineligible students are “Retired”, hit “Control-P” (that is, get ready to print the webpage).
- When the Print menu is open, please “Change” the Destination or Printer to “Print/Save as PDF”.
- Print the document to PDF.
- Save the pdf file as “<schoolname> 2017.pdf”
- Attach the pdf file to an email to me. The subject of the email should be “<School name> Roster”, and send the email to the director at firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT INCLUDE ANY OTHER INFORMATION/QUESTIONS IN THIS EMAIL; THIS EMAIL SHOULD NOT BE A REPLY TO ANY OTHER EMAIL.
- If you have difficulty producing the pdf, please contact me.
You must, per State Speech Rule 2(c), be prepared to prove that a student is in fact eligible to compete at State, in the event a question is raised.