The Handbook is posted under the League Information tab above at https://khssl.org/the-handbook/2016-2017-handbook/.
A few notes on the significant changes.
- At the Senior State Speech Tournament, events with 48 or more entries will break to a Quarterfinal of 24, and then a semifinal of 12. All other events will break to a semifinal of 12.
- Participation by a particular student at the Regional tournament is not a prerequisite for that student’s participation at State (in Speech). A school may not have more overall entries at State than it did at Regionals, but the events and students may shift.
- All students at State Speech must have competed EITHER at the Regionals OR at two other tournaments. There is a process for Exemption in the rare event of a team member who cannot for good and sufficient cause compete at Regionals (if a coach in their discretion so wishes to include that student on the Roster for State).
- Each school has up to 3 entries in each and every Speech event–but it does not need to take all three entries.
- Students may not compete at their own Invitational Speech Tournaments.
Please contact the Director at email@example.com with any questions on the Handbook.