The Board of Directors met on Monday, 6 June 2016. Highlights of the meeting are:
- Naming Michael Robinson of Murray HS to the KHSSL Hall of Fame.
- Adding Informative Speaking as an experimental Senior Division event, following current NSDA rules.
- Retired the Drama Festival from the League’s programming.
- Established 24 as the target number in the State Congress Supersession, using 4 scorers and 1 parliamentarian.
- Approved the League Calendar for 2016-2017; it will be posted to this website this weekend.
- Discussed two proposals which the Board decided would be significant changes requiring polling of the membership.
The proposals requiring membership polling address the following:
- The Regional Tournaments and qualification for the State Tournament
- Establishing a quarterfinal/semifinal/final round structure at the Senior State Speech tournament.
Coaches will be receiving, via email, a link to the survey this weekend. We’re asking for responses by 20 August.
The minutes for the Board meeting are posted on the Board Meeting Minutes page under the “League Information” tab above.