If you would like to make a nomination for induction into the KHSSL Hall of Fame, please send the Executive Director an email with the nomination as well as a testimonial for your nominee.
The criteria for induction to the Hall of Fame are:
- At least ten years of forensic service in the state of Kentucky.
- A high degree of integrity
- Outstanding service above and beyond the call of duty.
- Willingness to help colleagues.
- Commitment to speech and dramatic arts education.
- Dedication to caring for the individual students and their futures.
- Retired coaches who meet [the first six criteria] may be nominated.
Owing to a miscommunication, the dates for KESDA were swapped. Senior is in February, Junior is in March. THe Schedules have been updated to reflect these dates.
Tentative schedules for both divisions are posted through the Schedules tab. The Schedules are tentative pending Board of Directors approval.
Best of luck this weekend to Jared Thomas of Harrison County HS, representing Kentucky at the Tournament of Champions at UK. He’s competing in the Extemporaneous Speaking Round Robin!
I want to give a belated but very strong Congratulations! to the following Schools which earned the Award of Excellence at State this year. These awards are presented for Team Efficiency, and tend to recognize schools with smaller but excellent squads at the State tournament.
- East Jessamine High School
- South Warren High School
- Hazard High School
- Henry Clay High School
- Highlands High School
- Crittenden County Middle School
- Murray Middle School
- Robinson Elementary School
- Highlands Middle School
- Woodland Middle School
I’ve just sent all coaches a final-call email for Tournament Requests and the Coach Survey. Responses are due by 8 April.
In addition, I’ve sent out a request for any proposals for Rules/Events/Handbook changes to all coaches. Responses are due by 26 April.
Here they are–with apologies for the rain delay (nothing like moving the stuff from the tabroom to your office in the pouring rain and discovering your car battery is dead).